Every companies’ strategy mentions owning the full customer relationship as a key goal. The thinking goes somewhat like this.
- We have identified a customer need in a super specific niche area inside a large industry vertical.
- Once we acquire this customer for this super specific need, we want to continue serving them and building a relationship with them
- This same customer has varied needs that exist in the large industry vertical, a vertical that is unnecessary complex and filled with incumbents offering poor products.
- We will build products that address all their needs. We will cross them into all these products
- The customer is happy as there is only one place to go for all his needs
- We will own the customer for everything they need in that industry vertical – we build high LTV