Now that you have all the meat of what you want to do mapped out, it’s time to put the pieces together and orchestrate an execution plan. Continue reading “The ultimate guide to product management hiring, Part 3: Execute Execute Execute”
This post is #2 in the series of “The ultimate guide to hiring PM’s”. Post #1 is here.
Continuing with the theme of approaching the hiring process as a product, the hiring process has two main goals:
- Targeting: Find the right person. Create an efficient interview process that provides a full view of the candidate.
- Conversion: Reduce the candidate’s friction. Once you have decided you want a person on your team, ensure you have the best method to convert the user (candidate) to a customer (full time hire).
So you need to hire a PM or build out a PM team. Where to begin? What are some best practices? WHAT TO DO!
Fear not, this four part series will give you a framework along with an operational guide to getting it done. These posts are a result of all the mistakes that I have made and the learnings that I have painfully gained 🙂
This four part series will cover
- What it is that you really need? This post.
- Creating the hiring process
- Executing to the process
- The post interview experience