In the last post, I talked about getting into the habit of reading 10k’s. Time to dogfood my own advice :), for this post, I wanted to look at a completely new industry than the usual fodder. LiveNation is my first pick (NYSE:LYV). Latest 10K for 2018.
What are the goals of this exercise?
- Understand the business model and a bit about the industry the company is in
- What are the key growth levers for the business? What is the flywheel/network effect?
- Who is the customer? What are the customer groups?
- A brief look at the numbers
- And finally – What is the competitive advantage of the business?
So let us begin! Continue reading “Mo Concerts Mo Money – A look at Live Nation (NYSE: LYV)”
I’ve been deeply interested in understanding what actually makes a platform business a platform¹ business ?— are there any patterns? How do platform businesses actually win? Is there something unique about them or is it all just branding? This is a particularly insightful question to ponder on as, if you talk to any company today , you are certain to hear “ we are a platform”:). Everybody wants to be a platform or at least positions themselves as one. How does one separate the wheat from the chaff?
Continue reading “FinTech businesses, platforms or not?”